[TR] Car Wax Alert

marty sukey trmarty at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 17 13:39:19 MDT 2012

I don't know if this applies but... When Meguiars came out with their tech wax
a few years ago I tried it with pretty much the same results. It was on a
black vehicle and it left a very hazy/streaky/un-uniform shine. I put it on
the shelf and moved on. Fast forward a couple of years and there was a
Meguiars tech at a TRA event touting the virtues of this new fangled wax.
After he got done I cornered him off to the side and explained my issues. He
asked kindly if I followed the instructions and did the entire car before I
attempted to wipe it off. Well no, I do a section at a time because it is
easier to wipe off I replied. WRONG. He explained this new wax has to really
dry up and if I let that happen it would really come off easy and would not
streak. since then I have tried that method and it works much better.

Marty