[TR] Car Wax Alert

Chip19474 at aol.com Chip19474 at aol.com
Sun Jun 17 11:33:38 MDT 2012

List,

I just thought I'd pass along some feedback on a new wax product I tried
from Meguiars.  It's called Ultimate Liquid Wax (16 oz container).....I did
not have good results.

It went on very nicely but was very, very difficult to remove after it
hazed because of streaking.  So difficult that it bordered on downright
annoying.

The car was in the shade, paint was cool, outside temp 70 degrees, moderate
 humidity......a picture perfect day for waxing.

I wound up finishing the car by applying the wax then almost immediately
removing it.  If this were a $6.00 can of wax, I'd probably just toss it  and
try something else but this stuff is marketed as Meguiar's "most advanced
wax" so it cost me over $20 with tax.

I did contact Meguiar's for some sort of resolution.  I'll even send  the
unused bottle back to them for testing - maybe it's a bad batch??

But, maybe all of this synthetic, hydrophobic, iso-polymer, upper vortex,
mumbo jumbo new stuff isn't all that it's cracked up to be!!??

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack,  PA
1976 TR6 CF57822U