[TR] Moss TR6 Fuel Pump Reproduction

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Jun 17 08:29:16 MDT 2012

> On the reproduction, they made the inside of the housing the
> same 5/16  on
> both sides so that the 1/4 pipe passes through it and the compression
> sleeve can't be compressed by the nut.

I must be misunderstanding you then.  That was exactly my point, both sides
of the pump housing are designed for (and will work with) 5/16" line.  The
1/4" line will rattle around in the hole before you install the nut (the nut
has a 1/4" bore so it locates the line radially).  But the 1/4" compression
sleeve (which was also a special, larger than common sleeves today) will not
pass into the 5/16" inside bore, so the special nut would compress it.

At the time I went through this, neither the special nut nor the special
sleeve were available new so I made an extra-long nut that would reach far
enough in to compress a standard sleeve.  Others used other solutions, for
example Scott Suhring wrote about grafting two sleeves together
http://goo.gl/t4zWe

I've read that TRF now offers the proper compression sleeve, but haven't
ordered one for myself yet.

-- Randall