[TR] Weekend project - added the relays for the rear brake light on the TR2

Chris Simo ccsimonsen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 20:32:55 MDT 2012

I made a mistake or two on the youtube video. Also the sockets are purely
optional.   I liked the sockets as they had a dovetail to connect multiple
ones together - I see from some of Randall's pics it looks like the
connection may not be so great on some of the sockets and created heat that
melted the socket - not good.  I think for my horn and headlight mods I'll
directly solder to the relays and heat shrink the connection.

The mistakes were:  SPDT relays are what I used and not DPDT;  The wiring
diagram should be connecting 87 on one relay to 87a of the other.  I hope I
did not screw anyone up. I've corrected the video now and posted -
http://youtu.be/vA-A0LD_dfs