[TR] Weekend project - added the relays for the rear brake light on the TR2

Chris Simo ccsimonsen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 14:22:05 MDT 2012

Brief update - I installed a new wiring harness a few weeks ago and put
some extra wires in there for some updates. That single rear brakelight was
making me uncomfortable.

Thanks to those on the list who provided input when I was asking about
this.  Goals - tail lights function as brake lights; no damage to existing
harness; relays in a dry location (well as dry as you can get in an early
TR); circuitry out of sight as much as possible.

I made a short youtube video showing how I performed this modification.  By
the looks of it - I'll not make a living doing how to videos anytime
soon.....

http://youtu.be/yPupAf-ixTo
100%
100%
Share Add to [image: Cancel]Cancel

The relays fit pretty snugly in the rear corners - I'm not sure I'll drill
holes to screw them down - for now a tie wrap is all they will get.  Soon
I'll be replacing the bulbs with LED's.

Next projects - horn relay and headlamp relays.