[TR] Intake Manifold Bolt Issue

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Jun 5 12:00:40 MDT 2012

> Hi All,  The center bolt in the intake manifold on top isn't moving-it
> appears
> to be stripped inside but the stud won't come out-any tricks?

Are you talking about the banjo bolt for the vacuum connection?  On the one
I took apart, the end of the bolt was apparently sticking out inside the
manifold and had built up a pile of deposits over the years.  I was able to
eventually get it apart by working the bolt back and forth, but it sure
didn't do the threads in the manifold any good.  In your case, the only
option may be to drill the bolt.

-- Randall