[TR] SU carb fuel bowl

Bud Rolofson levilevi at comcast.net
Mon Jun 4 22:19:13 MDT 2012

Not a joke just an incomplete statement.  I should have said ZS carbs
don't have a designed float chamber vent that ends up with liquid gas
dripping directly onto the exhaust the way that SU carbs apparently do.

Since the thread was venting liquid gas onto the exhaust I was
thinking that a ZS carb doesn't vent liquid gas onto the exhaust
directly.  But I didn't really write that. They will leak liquid gas
if the float valves stick but it comes out in unpredictable places not
a tube like the SU carbs.

I know from experience ZS carbs vent emission gas fumes because I had
some 74 carbs that wouldn't run very well unless all the hoses were
used.  Glad I switched to 71 carbs that had less venting going on and
less hoses to deal with.

Sorry for the lazy writing.

Bud Rolofson

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F-250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)
Z-50A Hardly Davidson 1977 Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)
levilevi at comcast.net