[TR] Silicon and Paint

Dave Connitt dconnitt at fuse.net
Fri Jun 1 19:50:32 MDT 2012

I agree regarding using Dawn dishwashing soap to prep a car for paint. I had
a problem with fisheye while painting my engine compartment. Not sure where
it came from (the silicon), but it really screwed up the paint. I washed it
with water and Dawn, rinsed really well and then sanded with 400 wet/dry to
get down to a smooth finish. Then wiped it down with paint prep (wash
on/wipe off method) with two lint free paper towels.Thankfully, that did the
trick but what a pain..
Dave Connitt
'67 TR4A IRS
http://home.fuse.net/davestr4a