[TR] How Long to MC's Last

William Brewer wsb1960tr3a at att.net
Sun Jul 29 16:28:22 MDT 2012

     So I just rebuilt the clutch & brake master cylinders and the clutch
slave in my 1960 TR3A. I have only owned the car for 20 of its 52 years, so
lord only knows how many times this has been done before. I think that I have
done them four times, maybe more.
     How many times can they be rebuilt? It
is worth picking up spares on Ebay and maybe having them sleeved?

There really isn't much swarf when I hone them out.
     When White Post or
Apple Hydraulics sleeve them with bronze or stainless, is the finish inside
mirror smooth the rubber piston seals won't abrade? If I had them sleeved, I
think that I would make a little polishing wheel and break out the jeweler's
rouge and polish them mirror smooth. I would do it with my old original ones
except that there are some old pits in them from long before I bought the car
for $300.
     Just curious. While it is fresh in my mind I may start picking
up parts for the next time I have to do these.

     -Bill in Tehachapi