[TR] help wiring a 240v welder US

Sujit Roy triumphstag at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 18:17:18 MDT 2012

I have a old style 240v dryer outlet. (three pronged socket and not 4)
 What I was told is that one leg is 110v from one circuit breaker and
another leg is 110 from another breaker.. Is the center third leg ground?
 Why are there two 110v lines from separate breakers? Why not one line
taken form the circuit breaker and then split?

On the welder plug, one pin/leg is narrower than the other. Why is this?
And does it mater.

How do I connect this welder plug. The welder is 30 amp and the dry socket
should be sufficient I've been told.

Sujit

--
Sujit Roy, Realtor