[TR] sad story

Dave dave at ranteer.com
Thu Jul 19 15:10:49 MDT 2012

A couple of weeks ago I purchased an overdrive tranny on ebay.  The price was
really good b that should have been my first clue.  He showed  a picture of
the car, not the tranny.  Should have been my second clue.

I did a buy it now, and then asked him if I could have the driveshaft and
overdrive switch as well, to which he agreed, for an additional $65.  Weeks
went by, and finally the tranny (only the tranny) arrived.  he claimed the
driveshaft was the short shaft, part of the tranny, and that it was included.
Lots of email back and forth, and ultimately a complaint on my part to paypal,
since that was outside of the ebay sale.  To which he finally agreend to
return my money, only he sent me the money, not as a refund, so I lost the fee
paypal charges.

The transmission, which was advertised as rebuit 500 miles ago, was not.  the
input shaft was wobbly, and my British car mechanic, who certainly knows
these, said there was no way it had been rebuilt in the last 500 miles.  So I
complained to him, and he offered to return my money if I sent back the
transmission.  I felt he had totally lied to me, and I didnbt trust him, so
I complained to ebay.  They opened a case, and agreed to refund only my
initial money, if I returned the transmission with a confirmation of delivery.
So I did.

Then I discovered that ebay considers confirmation of delivery valid ONLY if
there is a signature.  Which we didnbt have.  So ebay welched, this guy
welched, and Ibm out $550 for the initial deal and another $150 for
shipping.  And a few bucks for the paypal mishap.

The ebay item is: 330744461508

The guys addresses are:

address on invoice is:

DB Business Holdings

372 E Third Street

Corning, N.Y. 14830

address on crate is:

Jason Doughty

2475 Brown Hollow Road

Corning, N.Y. 14830

607-346-3605

And the guys email address is dbbizholdings at gmail.com

His ebay id is db_vintageas

If you google DB Business Holdings you will see it is more of a
shipping/warehouse company.

I now see he has relisted it and will rip off someone else.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS GUY!!!!!