[TR] Keep the posts coming on a daily basis :)

John Macartney flywheelcoventry1 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 18 06:25:59 MDT 2012

Hmm, maybe putting the rocket launchers on rooftops was the only option? It
all boils down to economics, y'see?. Putting them in LBC's (a good TR6 here
costs $20k before conversion) which is maybe less than the true mobile system
- but we just can't afford it, old chap. That's why your guys have been so
kind to our guys in Afghanistan and Iraq over the last decade by letting them
have dedicated tropical clothing, desert boots and equipment because our own
Ministry of Defence didn't have enough money (or, more likely) forgot to
provide the stuff in the first place!

John

PS For Triumph content, have
just heard on the lunchtime news that a bus driver collecting a newly arrived
Oh_lim_pic team from Heathrow airport got lost taking them to the Oh_lim_pic
village because the GPS in his (s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d Triumph Herald - read
bus) was using an out of date digital map! Once again, Team GB lurches into
the seventeenth century and the Lucas electrics are playing up (again?)