[TR] 4:10 diff

Brad Kahler bkahler1 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 13:48:45 MDT 2012

> > indicated it is for a 4:10 diff?
>
> I don't know the exact number for a TR4, but the first two digits should be
> 13xx rather than 11xx for the 3.7 diff.

Hmm, I wonder if 1384 might be the number.  I don't know that I have one
with that number in my box of spares.  If I can find the box I guess the
smart thing would be to compare numbers and see if I have an odd ball one :)

> I had the same problem with TS13571L, which didn't even have an overdrive!
> (When I got it, of course.) Frankly, I didn't like the 4.10 gears on the
> street even with overdrive (behind a relatively stock motor), the 3.7 I
> have
> now suits me much better and I'm planning to go to 3.45 as soon as I get a
> spare axle built up.

Living in LA like you do I can see where a 4:10 would not be of much use.
 Here in Kentucky there isn't a straight road to be found.  Heck even my
driveway has twists and turns!

I've got a 3:70 diff that I can use if I want to but I do have an OD to
install this winter so until the 4:10 proves it's not suitable for my
driving style I'll probably stick with it.

> If you want to change, I'm sure there would be lots of racers more than
> willing to trade a 3.70 gear set with you.

That's for sure.