[TR] 4:10 diff

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Jul 17 13:38:30 MDT 2012

> I'm looking to find out which speedometer would be correct for the car,
> i.e. what numbers would I find on the front of the speedometer that
> would
> indicated it is for a 4:10 diff?

I don't know the exact number for a TR4, but the first two digits should be
13xx rather than 11xx for the 3.7 diff.

I had the same problem with TS13571L, which didn't even have an overdrive!
(When I got it, of course.) Frankly, I didn't like the 4.10 gears on the
street even with overdrive (behind a relatively stock motor), the 3.7 I have
now suits me much better and I'm planning to go to 3.45 as soon as I get a
spare axle built up.

If you want to change, I'm sure there would be lots of racers more than
willing to trade a 3.70 gear set with you.

-- Randall