[TR] Ignition question (and hello!)

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Tue Jul 17 06:01:31 MDT 2012

Malcolm,

I use the Lucas sport coils on all my Triumphs. I have never had a failure.

I have heard that some have had the sport coil fail.

Now on my 3 and 4, I have mounted the coil on the inside of the fender
well in order to keep it cooler than it would be on the block. I am not
sure it has helped but no failures yet.

I wanted to do the same on the 6 but because of the 6 cyl engine's
length and the position of the distributor, the distance from a
potential coil mount similar to the 4 would make a very long connection
from the coil to the distributor. So that coil is still mounted on the
block.

Petronix makes the flame thrower coil. Maybe others will chime in on
their coil choice.

Bob