[TR] separating trans & OD

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Fri Jul 13 09:32:27 MDT 2012

Take notes/pictures of the sprag (one-way) clutch before removing it so you
will know which way round to reinstall it.  You can put it in backwards but
it don't work so good that way.

Oh, and on reassembly, this may sound counter intuitive but the best way I
have found is to secure the O/D unit with the output flange down and lower
the transmission onto the O/D.  Trying to do it the other way causes the
clutch assembly to drop and you loose alignment of the splines on the sun gear
and the sprag clutch.

Dave