[TR] Stop Motion Triumph Engine Rebuild

Mark Hooper mhooper at indiefilmnet.com
Thu Jul 12 15:39:00 MDT 2012

Hi Bill:

Perhaps he is going for industrial authenticity.

In the eighties, I worked at a company making custom tracked vehicles. The
engines were purchased in from several manufacturers. Cummins, Renault etc.
The units had clearly been spray-painted after nearly final assembly. Often,
the only parts not on the engines at paint time were the distributor and oil
filler caps. Even the wiring harness would be covered with sand or blue
coloured paint. I guess it was some sort of cost control or brand look.

Mark
1972 TR6