[TR] Gas line filter placement.

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Jul 9 11:39:55 MDT 2012

> Any comments on installing the filter before the fuel pump?

I'm sure opinions will vary, but I've heard that running a paper element
filter before the pump can aggravate any tendency towards vapor lock as the
resistance of the filter lowers the pressure slightly.  Likely not enough to
worry about, but I've never seen a car with that configuration as original,
so perhaps there is something to it.

Anyway, after years of running with just the factory sediment bowl and
screen, I finally added a paper element filter at the carbs.  No more "sand"
in the bottom of the float bowls.

-- Randall