[TR] Gas line filter placement.

Angelo Graham agraham at execulink.com
Mon Jul 9 09:44:48 MDT 2012

Hello List:
After rebuilding my carbs (again) and getting them back on the car, I
was advised to fit an in-line gas filter. I have sourced a generic nylon
bodied see through type with what appears to be a paper filter inside.
Was also advised to fit this in-line before the fuel pump to prevent
damage to the fuel pump valves. I was going to install it before the
carbs on a convenient stretch of the metal gas line.
Any comments on installing the filter before the fuel pump? Should I
install another before the pump as well?
Interested in others' experiences.
Thanks for any advice on this one.
Angelo Graham