[TR] First run, big smie and question

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Sat Jul 7 16:16:02 MDT 2012

I will follow up Randall's comment with a couple questions, what weight of
oil are you running? was it hot outside? car fully warmed up.  I don't think
the numbers sound bad, 2000 rpm is still spinning pretty slow, if it stills
goes up to about 60 psi or a little more at 2500 to 3000 that would be in
the ballpark.  My brother's TR3 and my TR4a both ran about 60 psi hot on a
fresh rebuild at highway speeds (2500 rpm or a little more in O/D).

So I don't disagree with Randall, it may be slightly low, but doesn't seem
too far off to me.

Greg Lemon