[TR] Tr3b Comm Plate

John Macartney flywheelcoventry1 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 5 09:10:13 MDT 2012

Bill

I'd speculate that as the 3B was only destined for the US market and
not many of them at that in comparison to 3A build, the likelihood of having a
new style Comm Plate for a car that wasn't totally different from its
predecessor is improbable. It's a lot cheaper to make a slight alteration
(e.g. the weight) than to go the whole hog and re-hash the whole thing.
But
that's only a speculation and backed up by the fact that Standard-Triumph
never spent any money on anything unless it absolutely had to. That said,
probably another lister will pop up to say his/her comm plate is totally
different.

Jonmac