[TR] X-ray Vision Would be Nice...

Alex & Janet Thomson aljlthomson at charter.net
Tue Jul 3 15:45:57 MDT 2012

I had the same problem with our TR6. Don't know if the block drain had ever
been used by previous owners but it was well plugged with all sorts of
black, crusty, sandy, gooey material. By using a bent welding rod, I was
able to ream a path to the coolant. I bet it took at least an hour or two to
break through. I don't know of any other drain plug except the right rear of
the block. Also, I often wondered how corroded the core plugs were. So far,
those show no signs of leakage.

Alex Thomson