[TR] Off topic electrical question

Bud Rolofson levilevi at comcast.net
Fri Jan 20 14:30:52 MST 2012

I'm also in the camp of not disconnecting the battery cables.  Some
manuals say when jumping/charging to ground to the engine/body and
with only the positive connected to the battery and I tend to do that
on more modern cars.

I once saw a frozen battery explode.  Thankfully my Dad didn't get
hurt but connecting to the dead battery first seems like it would be
safer so you could take cover or be as far away from it as you can be
when a charge is applied.

Bud Rolofson

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F-250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)
Z-50A Hardly Davidson 1977 Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)
levilevi at comcast.net