[TR] Off topic electrical question

wbeech at flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Fri Jan 20 13:28:00 MST 2012

Tim,
I am probably closer to your age, I never disconnect the battery terminals
unless I am trying to do some isolation testing.  But just to charge the
battery or hook-up a float charger for the winter I leave the battery fully
connected.

For safety, you should always connect the leads to the dead battery first.
Then plug in the charger or connect to another battery if jumping it off.
Lots of combustible gases around a battery that has been run down that could
explode.

Bill