[TR] 1972 Triumph TR6 clutch master cylinder update

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Jan 18 17:13:32 MST 2012

> 1.)   Anyone have any comment on this approach?

My opinion, the only way it will help is by holding the clutch partially
released all the time.  Not a Good Thing.  That is very likely to lead to
clutch slippage and very rapid wear.  Assuming you have the spring inside
the slave (and it's not broken), the spring was already taking up all of the
free play at the clutch end.  Using the top hole before was changing the
length of the lever arm, so that less motion at the slave could be
translated to more motion at the throwout bearing.

> 2.)  How does the bar go into the slave cylinder?  Does it just pull
> out and you push the new one in?  I have looked at the manual and see
> no exploded picture of the slave.

Yup, should just fall out once it's disconnected from the lever.  The old
Moss catalogues have a nice exploded diagram.

-- Randall