[TR] TR3 Temp Gauge Repair

spook01@comcast.net spook01 at comcast.net
Wed Jan 18 14:48:31 MST 2012

There are several very good instrument repair outfits.
This may be old news, but nissonger turn around time is/was excessive and if a problem develops, their customer service can be problematic.
That was my experience over a number of years until I finally decided to use them as a last resort for the shop some time back.
They may well have changed personnel and practices since, and I'm sure they are great folks, but....

I've used APT Instruments for years now for a wide variety of British cars.  They are very familiar with Smiths instruments and have a rapid return.  They also supply cables, etc.  Prices were superior to Nissonger, too.
No financial connection here, just another avenue for you to explore.
Just a quick story...they rebuilt and modified my Tiger tach with modern guts and a custom redline marking.  I had a problem with the tach because of my change in ignition systems after receiving my gauge back.  APT reworked the tach to work on my new Unilite system at no charge.
You guys might like to give them a shot.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone