[TR] TR4 Question

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Jan 15 21:10:38 MST 2012

My suggestion, next time it happens, put a voltmeter or test lamp directly
across the starter, from the big terminal with the heavy wire to the starter
housing.  If the starter is getting at least 6 volts (the lamp lights
reasonably bright), the problem must be inside the starter.

My Stag had a very similar problem, which turned out to be burned (bad)
segments on the starter commutator.  It would work fine unless it just
happened to stop with a brush on a bad segment.

-- Randall