[TR] Inquiring minds

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Jan 14 19:22:05 MST 2012

> Umm What's a neutral interlock?

I forget the details on a TR6, but basically it's a switch that controls
something that either only happens in neutral, or only happens not in
neutral.  For example, some cars will refuse to crank if the transmission is
not in neutral.

ISTR there was one year of US-spec TR6 that would not crank unless the
driver's seat belt was fastened and the transmission was out of gear.  Later
years I think maybe it was only that the seat belt buzzer was disabled in
neutral (so you could leave the car running without the dang buzzer going
continuously).

But I don't own a TR6 and I've probably got that wrong.  I'm sure some TR6
owner will correct me promptly <g>

-- Randall