[TR] Condensor/capacitor question

wbeech at flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Sat Jan 14 16:23:57 MST 2012

Tim,

Try your points first, they may be set too close and closing up after things
warm up.  Condensers are cheap, replace it anyway, I always carry a spare
even though I have never lost one.  There was just a good thread a few weeks
back on testing the coil.

Of course, crud in the fuel line is a true possibility.  I keep a glass,
barrel-type form my FLAPS, filter just ahead of number one carb.  An easy
check for contaminates or water would be to pop the tops off your SU float
bowls and see what is lurking at the bottom of the bowl under the float.

Just my thoughts as to a place to start,
Bill