[TR] Condensor/capacitor question

Frank Fisher yellowtr3 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 14 16:19:12 MST 2012

sounds like a coil
Frank

________________________________
From:
"KingsCreekTrees at aol.com" <KingsCreekTrees at aol.com>
To:
triumphs at autox.team.net
Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2012 3:05 PM
Subject:
[TR] Condensor/capacitor question

Hi everyone;

My TR3A demonstrates a fault
that could be as simple as a failing
condensor. Basically, it loses power
dramatically after about half an hour of
driving, then eventually fades to
stalling. If I leave it just a few minutes,
the car will start and run
perfectly for a couple of miles, then we start the
same cycle again. It
could be many other things, I know, such as dirt in
the  fuel tank, bad pump,
trouble with SU's, a bad coil, etc., etc.

However, want I would like to do is
make sure I have the problem cured
while it's in the workshop and before
it's time to take it out of winter
storage and start driving it. Because of
the nature of my work, I won't have
time to be working on it once Spring
comes.

I'd rather not replace the condensor and coil, rebuild the carbs, take
out
the tank and get it cleaned/lined, etc. etc., if I don't need to. I'd
like
to  start by renewing the condensor, then somehow testing the removed
one to
see if  that cured it. There's over a foot of snow on the ground now
and
much more will  be on it's way before Spring, so I'm not driving it to
test it!

Thoughts?

Tim TS22930LO Ontario, Canada

** triumphs at autox.team.net