[TR] TR2 Mirror

Chris Simo ccsimonsen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 16:37:48 MST 2012

That's too funny - I used a ratchet type screwdriver to remove the one to
check the thread size for john - and tried to put it back.

The rubber buffer was a bit tough to push against - so I just popped the
four Dzus buttons -  I also loosened the station screws in the side of the
windscreen - that makes it a bit easier for the stantions to swiing away
from the body to prevent scratching.   Get a little help to hold the
windshield - As nice as the paint is on Johns car - I wouldn't do it alone.
 My car - well that's no problem :).

Offhand, Does any one know what color the center metal brace should be and
the mirror stalk on a TR2 - I'm presuming some kind of matte black or
crinkle black on the stalk.   30 years ago the DPO (me) was very handy with
brown rattle can spray paint.....

Thanks