[TR] Recommendation for an impact wrench

Michael Marr mmarr at notwires.com
Sat Jan 7 13:54:15 MST 2012

I have often thought that some of the nuts behind the wheel could use a good
clout around the ears with something of the same heft as an impact wrench.

However, I use mine exclusively for disassembly.  A little PB Blaster and
the impact will usually get the most obstinate bolt started.  I generally
don't use it on small diameter bolts, however, unless I have a great need to
shear off a head or two!

I have an air ratchet that I soimetimes use for assembly, but I always do
the final torquing with a wrench or a torque wrench if torque is critical.
Of course, if I wanted critical TALK, I could always call my ex-wife...

Over to you, Jim Muller.

Mike