[TR] TR3 Front Badge Spacing

Frank Fisher yellowtr3 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 4 16:16:40 MST 2012

i too had that kind of experience.
my car is a December 58 wide mouth.
obtained a small mouth apron as i like the look of the TR2.
having lost the
"originality" i just continued to make the car look good for me.
staying with
austerity i reused the front badge with the original TR3 badge with no
t-r-i-u-m-p-h at the bottom.
it fit perfectly into the small mouth.
recently a
friend bought me a roadster factory TR2 badge with the triumph name across the
bottom.
it was about 1/8 longer between mounting tabs.
a simple rat tail file
opened up the holes in the apron and a little touch up paint will never be
seen.
Frank