[TR] 4lb TR3 Rad Cap

spook01@comcast.net spook01 at comcast.net
Mon Feb 27 12:19:28 MST 2012

That long square thing is the expansion tank.
As long as the tubes in the radiator are kept covered by the coolant media, your cooling system is working as designed.
On my early Spit, the tank is separate....just a design difference.
My Lotus has a tiny tank back in the engine compartment, since the radiator is in the nose, mounted flat.
All designs are as they are just to keep the radiator tubes covered.  Having excess coolant does nothing for you.
There's a aluminum duplicate of the stock unit with an electric fan mounted along with the electrical bits on the internet at a reasonable price.
Might be worthwhile.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone