[TR] Flat spots?

Wbeech wbeech at flash.net
Thu Dec 27 09:57:46 MST 2012

First thing I would look at would be the oil in the carb dashpots.  If there
is none, it will allow the needle to lift too rapidly and cause an
unnecessarily rich mixture, and your described 'flat spots'.

Second, with a timing light, be sure the advance it advancing and retracting
the spark timing.

Bill

Bill Beecher
'58 TR3A TS/30766L "Tarbaby"
'62 TR3B TCF/2549L " Aunt B" (in rehab)
www.triumphowners.com/1566
'68 Land Rover Series IIa 88" "The Beast"
"If you think you have everything under control... You're driving too slow"
M.Andretti