[TR] [6pack] TR6 Oil Cooler

Biedermann, Frank (SACE Board) FrankB at saceboard.sa.gov.au
Mon Aug 27 17:53:34 MDT 2012

I'll pitch in with my 2c here, after previously having an oil cooler on my
early '6. It's not on there any more - I believe mine either had a weakness in
it somewhere or developed one in the course of use and catastrophically failed
dumping all the oil from the engine in a very short period of time. Luckily,
that happened about 100m from my parents' driveway (which is where I was going
for lunch) and my folks had oil and the necessary tools and fittings to plug
the oil cooler lines at the filter adapter, so no real damage done.

In the period of time  I had it installed it did improve the idle oil
pressure, particularly in stop-go traffic in summer here when temperatures can
exceed 40 degrees Celsius. But I don't think that's enough to convince me to
ever install one again after the experience I had above...

Frank Biedermann
69 TR6 PI
Adelaide, Australia