[TR] [6pack] TR6 Oil Cooler

tr3driver at ca.rr.com tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Aug 27 15:49:52 MDT 2012

> You also need to keep a sharp eye on the cooler
> and hoses for problems. The oil flows through the system at line pressure,
> so a tiny crack in the cooler itself can turn into a gusher at (usually)
> the worst time.

Ditto the lines to/from the cooler & thermostat.  Lines can rupture suddenly if they are chafing or get pulled tight under hard acceleration/cornering.  And a broken line can ruin your whole day, especially when the first symptom you notice is the clatter from the rod bearings ...

I know that's what Bob meant to say, I just wanted to emphasize the point.  Otherwise I agree entirely.

-- Randall