[TR] TR4A - Fuel Sending Issue Solved

G.D. Huggins guy at genfiniti.com
Sat Aug 25 15:11:48 MDT 2012

All,

I doubt anyone will remember, but a little under a year ago I posted an issue
about my Nisonger rebuilt fuel gauge not reading when full when the tank was.
Well, I finally got around to working it out and wanted to inform everyone.

The first test was to confirm that the rebuilt gauge was in fact working as
advertised.
I pulled the lead wire off of the sending unit, and grounded it to the ground
wire, and the fuel gauge went all the way full.
Gauge confirmed!

I pulled the sending unit from the tank and brought it to the workbench.
I attached a multimeter, and took the resistance readings:

Empty = 252.6 ohms
Full = 17.6 ohms

Moss part 763-020 is the wrong part for my narrow range (0 - 80 ohms) gauge.

Any clue where to get the correct range sender?

Cheers,

Guy D. Huggins
1965 Triumph TR4A
CTC 63569LO