[TR] Overheatng

Skip Gurnee skip47 at gbis.com
Fri Aug 24 16:48:42 MDT 2012

One possibility that I've encountered is a misalignment of the two pulleys,
like the alternator is cocked to one side, or in a different plane.  You
should be able to see it from the side.  I like George's solutions, and I'm
sure others will come up with more.  I've had crank bearings go bad; they
didn't squeal, and began to knock pretty quick.  I doubt that's the problem,
especially with the sound disappearing with cold water on the alternator.
Skip Gurnee  64 TR4, 65 TR4A
Nevada