[TR] (Master or Slave) Follow up and resolution

William Brewer wsb1960tr3a at att.net
Tue Aug 14 12:50:25 MDT 2012

So Bill,
     Where does someone find an old Rover slave cylinder setup? I
don't seem to have the catalog on those...

     -Bill in Tehachapi

From:
"Wbeech" <wbeech at flash.net>
To: "'Cosmo Kramer'" <tr4a2712 at yahoo.com>,
<triumphs at autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] (Master or Slave)  Follow up and
resolution

Cosmo,

Because team.net does
not send me posts from Randall(go figure) I never saw
his response, and the
archives were not working either.  So, I started at
the slave only because I
had recently replaced the return spring and I had
not been anywhere close to
the M/C around the time of this problem arising.

My only guess is that
somehow while the spring was out the piston was
allowed to move up past the
'crud ring'(my term for the internal build up
beyond the slide area) and the
damaged the seal.  It was leaking internally,
and I only found it after
removing the rubber cup.  BTW, The old Rovers use
the same S/C setup and I was
able to buy a new replacement for only $13.75
as opposed to $45 at Moss.
Installed and all problems are resolved at this
point.

Bill