[TR] (Master or Slave) Follow up and resolution

Wbeech wbeech at flash.net
Tue Aug 14 07:34:40 MDT 2012

Cosmo,

Because team.net does not send me posts from Randall(go figure) I never saw
his response, and the archives were not working either.  So, I started at
the slave only because I had recently replaced the return spring and I had
not been anywhere close to the M/C around the time of this problem arising.

My only guess is that somehow while the spring was out the piston was
allowed to move up past the 'crud ring'(my term for the internal build up
beyond the slide area) and the damaged the seal.  It was leaking internally,
and I only found it after removing the rubber cup.  BTW, The old Rovers use
the same S/C setup and I was able to buy a new replacement for only $13.75
as opposed to $45 at Moss.  Installed and all problems are resolved at this
point.

Bill