[TR] electric fan

Gary Nafziger nafzigerg at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 12 19:11:52 MDT 2012

Finally got the 3 running for the first time after restoration!  Now still
need lots of assembly but that major event is done!

However I'm wondering
about my electric fan.  It's running backward..........(mounted behind the
radiator and blowing forward)  Is there a way to re-wire it so it spins the
other way?  Sucking toward the engine?  My tr-3 is positive ground and fan is
negative ground and grounded on the inner fender with black
wire............and has two red wires for power.........(smaller red for
ignition switch and larger red for power source).

ALSO............would it
work ok blowing forward?  Since most times when the fan is needed the car
would be stopped or almost stopped in traffic and not moving very fast there
fore the fan would not be fighting against air flow very often or long.
thanks!

gary n.