[TR] TR3 Shift knob restoration

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Aug 11 15:53:28 MDT 2012

> I have what I believe is one of the original TR knobs as well as the
> modern rubber version.

Any chance you could post a photo somewhere?  I'm kind of curious, as I
believe my TR3 is wearing it's original hard rubber knob.  The pattern is
worn away (I think), but it otherwise appears to be similar to the repro
that TRF was selling at VTR/TRfest.

> There may be early and late versions of the original TR2-3B knobs --
> smarter folk than I will have to chime in here.

The SPC lists 3 different knobs (one of them being for the early 2-piece
shift lever).  Unfortunately there is no change point given for the third
knob (at least not in my copy).

-- Randall