[TR] Greyhound Shipping

Tim Purdy timipurdy at citlink.net
Wed Aug 8 16:12:55 MDT 2012

While many in the past have expressed that Greyhound was one of the most
economical ways to ship Triumph items long distance, I thought I pass along
with my first time nightmare of doing this. On July 24 I sent $259 including
shipping, via Paypal, to Donato Motors in Logansport, Indiana for a TR4 bonnet
and hinges. Unfortunately, the bonnet just sat there for another three days,
and I had to eventually pay another $100 to have someone take the bonnet to
Greyhound to ship it. Good news at first, since I was informed it only took
three days from Indiana to Reno, Nevada. Time has been a critical element,
since my Triumph is my daily driver and only car, but was disabled when it was
ran into. Lo, and behold when I called Greyhound, they basically said at least
a minimum of ten days. More than ten days have passed and no sign of it.
Greyhound told me they have no idea where it maybe, but will put a tracer on
it, but that will take a week. So I just want to alert others that one should
examine multiple options on shipping, as I wish I had did.