[TR] slipping out of third

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Apr 29 07:54:01 MDT 2012

> If I am in third, and keep my foot off the pedal, allowing the car to
> decelerate, in often comes out of gear.

It's been a few years back, but a friend of mine had the same problem.
After returning the box to the rebuilder twice, she took it to Herman van
den Akker, who after much investigation discovered that the dog teeth didn't
match the sleeves.  Installing parts that match solved the problem.

http://trf.zeni.net/TR6bluebook/index.php?page=85

Might not be your problem (Guy or Peter), but I would definitely check
(right after checking the detent force).

Unfortunately, the only way I know to check is to tear the gearbox down
again.  Even with the gears in your hands, you have to look close to see the
differences.

Randall