[TR] Different TR3/3A/3B hubcap globe styles?

John Macartney flywheelcoventry1 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 27 11:40:34 MDT 2012

Oh, gawd, where did my memory go?

Let's put it this way. The factory parts
operation sold Triumph World emblems as accessories, though whether any made
it stateside is anyone's guess. When my GT6 Mk 2 (GT6+) was new, the rattling
Rostyle type wheelcovers drove me mad. No matter whazt you did in wedging bits
of rubber pipe between the cover and wheelrim, they soon fell out and the
rattles returned. Within 3 months of having the car, I bought four Herald hub
caps and four World emblems. The emblem perfectly fitted the centre circle so
I drilled a small hole and bolted them through. No more rattles - and I think
the car looked way better! All that said, the emblems themselves were plated
zinc with the blue and red painted in the right place for land and sea. Also,
the TRIUMPH word was underlined and top end located on the roundel. Best I can
do , Gents.

Jonmac

http://standard-triumph-books.co.uk
Simo <ccsimonsen at gmail.com>
Thursday, 26 April 2012, 18:18
>Subject: Re: [TR] Different TR3/3A/3B hubcap
globe styles?

>This sounds like a Jonmac question.
>
>Sent from mobile
Bill

>On Apr 26, 2012, at 11:35 AM, Chris Simo <ccsimonsen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Funny - I was talking with a friend about this the other day.  He asked
me
>> to check the emblems on my TR2 as he had heard there were some center
caps
>> without the underline under Triumph and thought it was only used on
the
>> early TR2's....  Alas and alack - mine had the underline...
>>
>> Now
I'm interested in hearing what the collective wisdom of the list has to

say!

<don.hiscock at gmail.com>
>wrote:
>>
>>> The majority of the enameled globes on