[TR] Different TR3/3A/3B hubcap globe styles?

Loumetelko at aol.com Loumetelko at aol.com
Thu Apr 26 19:29:20 MDT 2012

> Funny - I was talking with a friend about this the other  day.  He asked
me
> to check the emblems on my TR2 as he had heard  there were some center
caps
> without the underline under Triumph and  thought it was only used on the
> early TR2's....  Alas and alack -  mine had the underline...

Chris & Bill:
All four of the nave plates on ole TS981 have the underline under Triumph
and I was assured that these "World" badges were original.  According to
Piggott there were two types of these badges, the early version was of the
vitreous enamelled type but at TS13046 the more common painted type took over
but in both cases the underline was there.  Coincidently TS13046 was also
when the braking type was changed from Lockheed to Girling and their discs
in  front.

I have absolutely no clue what "vitreous enamelled" is but those are
Piggott's words.

Lou Metelko
Auburn, Indiana