[TR] tr4 brake riddle

Chris Simo ccsimonsen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 12:28:52 MDT 2012

Just started digging into a brake issue. I thought I'd share the symptom
and see who comes up with the winning diagnosis.

Thought it was a broken spring in the master cylinder and it's not.

Brake pedal would go halfway to the floor before engaging. Rear brakes are
adjusted correctly and it takes 2 clicks on the brake handle to get the car
to hold firm.

opened up the master cylinder and the spring is intact and I dont see any
scoring on the bore. Since it's out I'll rebuild it -  but I don't see that
it really needs it.

What else could it be?

Thanks

Chris