[TR] Power Steering fluid

Sam Clark trdoctor at aol.com
Sun Apr 15 00:01:03 MDT 2012

You need to place the car on the floor, start it, and turn the steering wheel
side to side to load the system and make the valves switch.  I did the same
thing a few years back with my wife's Jag after a rack replacement.  I filled
it and turned the wheels with the car up in the air and took it for a test
drive.  It was moaning before I went a block.  I took it back to the house and
filled up the  with the car on the ground and turning the wheels and it worked
like a champ.

Sam
On Apr 14, 2012, at 1:00 PM, triumphs-request at autox.team.net wrote:

> Have a spot of trouble with the Stag.  All the power-steering fluid leaked
out.  With driving season coming, I finally got out to the shop to address
this.

> Cleaned up the area down below hoping to be able spot the source of the
leak.

> Started to pour fresh fluid into the reservoir (pump has Delco guts).  It
filled right up and won't take any more.  I cranked the engine over for a bit,
and I can see the pulley going around.  The fluid level does not go down at
all.