[TR] 74 triumph TR 6 pinion oil seal

Andrew S. Mace zoboherald at aol.com
Wed Apr 11 19:01:41 MDT 2012

 Mike, I'm sure it's doable and that someone will tell you how shortly. But
before you go to the trouble, you might want to clean up any gunk on or around
the breather hole and the split pin that is in it. The pin should be free to
wiggle about a bit, which in turn helps keep the breather open and
functioning. I think it's on the upper right on the cover assembly. What you
describe doesn't sound like much of a leak, and this might just be all you
need to do to pretty much stop that leak.

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with wings.

Triumph 10 / Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: http://www.vtr.org

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald
Database: http://triumph-herald.us